My name is Vincent Lee, as you can see. I’m a Chinese American from Austin, Texas. I currently attend the University of Texas at Austin, where I study Computer Science.
I graduated in 2015 from Vista Ridge High School in Cedar Park, Texas.
I play the flute, and am a former violinist and pianist (I still know my piano scales!)
In spare time, I enjoy modding Minecraft, playing Touhou, and reading Touhou lore.
- Resume (last updated 2018-11-25): here
- I worked in Facebook’s Core Systems group as an intern in the summer of 2018.
- I worked in Indeed.com’s Employers team as an intern in the summer of 2017.
- I worked in Blackbaud’s Luminate CRM team as an intern in the summer of 2016.
- I am the primary maintainer of the Minecraft mod ProjectE
- I was the maintainer of the famous Botania from Minecraft 1.8 to 1.10.2, and frequently contribute fixes and improvements now
- I am part of TeamTwilight, maintainers of the famous Twilight Forest mod for Minecraft 1.11 and above
Origin of the name ‘williewillus’
Not a particularly interesting story, but I’ll tell it nonetheless. It was 2006, I was about 9, and we were taking a family trip to SeaWorld. Before leaving, I acquired a little gray dolphin plushie/doll, which my siblings and I promptly named ‘Willie’. He was part of the 4-throne royalty of Dolphin World, yet he was different: quirky and intelligent. He had a sharp mind that never ceased to question anything. The ‘Willus’ is a special kind of dolphin that occurs every 13-14 generations or so within the royal line, and Willie happened to be the one. From then on, I have taken on the web name “williewillus” as a tribute to that little gray doll, as well as a reminder to myself to always question the why in everything, to never stop being different, to not fear being quirky, and to pursue intelligence on a higher level.
As our lives go on, our proudest achievements will always fade in light of newer, better accomplishments. However, I love to reflect on past and the journey to the present. So here lie my proudest accomplishments from the past. Constantly updated, never cleared.
Most recent at the top
- Getting accepted into the UT 5-year MS program (Fall 2018)
- Achieving my first Touhou ExNNN (Summer 2018)
- Joining the amazing people at Facebook and working with them for a summer (Summer 2018)
- Achieving a 4.0 (perfect) semester (Fall 2017)
- Joining the amazing people at Indeed and working with them for a summer (Summer 2017)
- Getting an A in the much-feared Operating Systems Honors class
- Joining the amazing people at Blackbaud and working with them for a summer (Summer 2016)
- Becoming the de facto caretaker of the amazing Botania mod
- Surviving my first semester of college u.u
- Winning the Austin Flute Society / Austin Flute Club Young Artist Competition – Senior Division (Spring 2015)
- Joining the ProjectE development team (Spring 2015)
- Getting a major pull request (DMPedestal) pulled into ProjectE (Spring 2015)
- Getting a minor pull request (bucket amulets / automation) pulled into ProjectE (Spring 2015)
- Performing with the Vista Ridge Wind Ensemble at the 2014 Midwest International Band and Orchestra Clinic (Winter 2014-2015)
- Being accepted into the UT Turing Scholars Honors Program (Fall 2014)
- Getting a minor pull request (XPFix / ChatOpacityFix) pulled into MinecraftForge (Fall 2014)
- Being the principal flutist of the Austin Youth Symphony in the spring seasons of 2014 and 2015
- Achieving Principal Flutist (1st chair) in the Region 26 Orchestra of 2013 and Assistant Principal (2nd chair) in 2014
- Helping the Vista Ridge Marching Band earn a BOA San Antonio finalist spot for the first time (Fall 2014)
- Achieving 5th place in the UIL Computer Science written test (Spring 2013-2014)
- Creating and releasing BugfixMod (Winter 2013-2014)
- Helping the Vista Ridge Marching Band earn a 2013 UIL 4A Bronze Medal in marching (Fall 2013)